City of Lexington asks for public’s help in painting giant mural
City leaders are asking local artists to help design and paint a mural at the Depot on East Third Avenue.
The mural will highlight Lexington’s history in textiles and barbecue.
The giant paint by number piece will be set up at a big event at the end of the month.
“From kindergarten all the way on up, we’re doing a huge call to the city to come out here and get this project under way. We hope to have it done by the barbecue festival,” said Jonathan Bush, Lexington City Planner.
The event kicks off on Third St. on September 21 at 10 a.m.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting