City of Lexington asks for public’s help in painting giant mural
City leaders are asking local artists to help design and paint a mural at the Depot on East Third Avenue.
The mural will highlight Lexington’s history in textiles and barbecue.
The giant paint by number piece will be set up at a big event at the end of the month.
“From kindergarten all the way on up, we’re doing a huge call to the city to come out here and get this project under way. We hope to have it done by the barbecue festival,” said Jonathan Bush, Lexington City Planner.
The event kicks off on Third St. on September 21 at 10 a.m.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child