Summer in the Piedmont: So much rain, so little sunshine
As Aidan Simao enjoys his picnic lunch with his family at Greensboro’s Country Park, all he is thinking about all the pool time he lost this summer.
“It was raining a little bit and then it started like big rain drops, huge rain drops,” Simao said.
Almost half the days from June to August had measurable precipitation. So, on the last holiday of the summer season, area parks were packed with mountain bike riders like Bryan Spurrier. Spurrier says he is making up for washed out days.
“It’s been really wet…got into mountain biking but for a few weeks had to take time off because it was so wet,” Spurrier said.
The summer was also cool. Piedmont Triad International Airport reported below normal temperatures in June, July and August.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault