Lead actors in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ movie announced
It may have been one of the most eagerly anticipated casting choices of the year, and we now know the leads in the film adaptation of “Fifty Shades of Grey.”
The novel’s author, E.L. James, tweeted on Monday that actor Charlie Hunnam will portray Christian Grey, and actress Dakota Johnson has been cast as Anastasia Steele.
The highly successful erotic novel was released in 2011, and fans have been speculating about who might portray the two main characters since plans for a film were announced last year. A psychology lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire even put a face to the character of billionaire Grey, who has had readers all aflame.
Now, the fantasy will come to life in the form of Hunnam, who is one of the stars of the film “Pacific Rim” and the television series “Sons of Anarchy.”
Johnson is the daughter of actors Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson and has appeared in the films “The Five-Year Engagement” and “21 Jump Street.”
Let the cheers — or the jeers — begin!
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k