6 tips and 3 recipes for canning summer fruits, veggies
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Chef Jay Pierce with Lucky 32 offered up these recipes to help make your summer fruits and vegetables last.
In addition, Pierce offers the following canning tips:
- Get a good book to go by — USDA and canning product companies sell books.
- Determine if your recipe has enough acid to be processed in a boiling water canner, otherwise it must be pressure canned.
- Canning is only necessary if you will store the food at room temperature.
- Cleanliness is key. Lack of cleanliness can ruin the best of recipes.
- Be prepared to make a mess, and be happy if you don’t.
- Reuse jars and rings; replace lids.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'