5 healthy recipes that take 5 minutes to prepare
On Monday during the FOX8 Morning News at 9:00, Linda McLean with Weight Watchers will talk about five healthy recipes that take just five minutes to prepare.
Chicken Chutney Sandwich
Spread 2 tablespoons of chutney onto two slices of whole-grain bread. Top with 3 ounces of pre-cooked chicken breast and red lettuce.
Moroccan Chicken & Couscous
Add boiling water to 1/3 cup of whole-wheat couscous and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon raisins or dried cranberries, a little ground cumin and 2 ounces of diced chicken breast. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of diced almonds.
Spread a prepared 2 ounce whole grain pizza crust with 1 tablespoon of prepared pesto, a few tomato slices and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Stick pizza under broiler until cheese bubbles.
Grecian Baked Potato
Puncture a scrubbed baking or sweet potato with a fork; place on waxed paper and microwave for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together 1 tablespoon each crumbled feta cheese and low-fat plain yogurt, some finely chopped fresh spinach and 1 teaspoon of butter. Spoon onto cooked potato.
Shrimp Cobb Salad
Top fresh greens with 3 ounces of precooked shrimp, 1 slivered hard-boiled egg white, 1 tablespoon of blue cheese, 1/4 cup of diced avocado, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of low-fat balsamic dressing.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting