1-year-old shot in head, killed as parents push stroller in NY
BROOKLYN, New York — A 1-year-old boy was shot and killed as his parents pushed his stroller across a Brooklyn street Sunday evening, New York City police said.
The parents of Antiq Hennis were pushing the stroller across Livonia Avenue, near their home, about 7:19 p.m. when the child was shot in the left side of the head, a police statement said. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Brookdale Hospital.
The police statement offered no details on the circumstances of the shooting and said no arrests had been made.
The shooting came two days after a Georgia jury convicted an 18-year-old man of murder in the shooting of a 1-year-old baby in a stroller in the coastal city of Brunswick.
De’Marquise Elkins faces a mandatory life sentence in the March 21 killing of Antonio Santiago. The child’s mother said Elkins shot her and the baby after demanding money.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k