Thomasville man charged with child abuse
Stephen Austin Batten (Mugshot provided by: Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A Thomasville man has been arrested on an accusation that he physically hurt a child.
According to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, 23-year-old Stephen Austin Batten was arrested Tuesday after deputies received a report of possible child abuse.
Deputies say they found Batten “caused physical injury” to a child. He is charged with misdemeanor child abuse.
The suspect was arrested and given an unsecured bond of $50,000. He has a court date set for Sept. 23 in Lexington.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault