Thomasville man accused of stealing, selling $4,200 guitar
Carlie White Swink III (Mugshot provided by: Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A Thomasville man has been arrested after deputies say he stole a $4,200 guitar and sold it to a pawn shop.
According to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were notified of the Gretsch guitar and its case being stolen from a home on Kennedy Road on July 16.
Deputies say they later learned the guitar had been pawned in High Point, then sold to the Guitar Center in Greensboro. Afterward, the guitar was sold online. It has since been recovered by San Diego Police in California.
Carlie White Swink III, 23, was charged Thursday in connection with the theft. Deputies say the suspect was already being held in the Davidson County Jail on unrelated charges.
Swink is charged with breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering. He received an additional $2,500 secured bond for the break-in charges.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave