Paper: Greensboro mayor found in civil contempt over alimony payments
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Greensboro Mayor Robbie Perkins has been found in civil contempt over post-separation support owed to his wife, the News & Record is reporting.
According to the paper, Judge Tom Foster issued the ruling in Guilford County District Court on Friday morning.
The judge ordered him to pay $4,000 by noon today on $32,000 in post-separation arrears to ex-wife Carole Perkins. Perkins made that payment this morning, along with $1,000 owed toward his ex-wife’s legal fees.
In April, Perkins filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and listed more than $10 million in debt.
Read more: News & Record
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train