Paper: Greensboro mayor found in civil contempt over alimony payments
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Greensboro Mayor Robbie Perkins has been found in civil contempt over post-separation support owed to his wife, the News & Record is reporting.
According to the paper, Judge Tom Foster issued the ruling in Guilford County District Court on Friday morning.
The judge ordered him to pay $4,000 by noon today on $32,000 in post-separation arrears to ex-wife Carole Perkins. Perkins made that payment this morning, along with $1,000 owed toward his ex-wife’s legal fees.
In April, Perkins filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and listed more than $10 million in debt.
Read more: News & Record
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants