Ways to clean without spending a fortune
FOX8 On Your Side looked at ways to clean without spending a fortune during the morning news.
- Get rid of furniture scratches with a walnut. Take the walnut out of its shell and rub it over the scratch and the scratch absorbs the oil from the walnut.
- Plants are pretty in the house, but what about the idea that they purify air? It’s true, but get the right one. Rubber plants, especially ivy and peace lilies are the best for this.
- You can unclog a drain with Alka-Seltzer. Drop four tablets, add a cup of vinegar and flush with boiling water.
- Put a dirty sponge in the microwave to kill germs. Make sure you put the sponge in a bowl of water and zap it for about 20 seconds.
- Fill a small nail hole or nick in your wall with a bar of soap. Rub the bar in a circular motion over the hole until it’s filled in.