Newspaper calls UNC, South Carolina ‘in-state rivals’
NEW YORK — Most people probably know that the University of North Carolina and the University of South Carolina are in different states. Apparently not the New York Post.
The Post ran a headline in its Thursday newspaper that referred to the schools as “in-state rivals.”
“So. Carolina will cover against in-state rival UNC,” read the headline, referring to the season-opening game. The story was a betting-tips column called “Pigskin Profit.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave