Greensboro College grad hiked entire Appalachian Trail
It was 90 years ago this fall that Benton McKaye’s idea of a grand nature trail from Maine to Georgia–also known as the Appalachian Trail–began to take shape.
In the 65 years since the first person walked it from end to end, thousands more have, usually funding out as much about themselves as about the trail.
Greensboro College grad Jonathan Deming recently finished his five month hike of the entire trail on August 3. It took him about five million steps to complete it.
Now, he’s looking to take one more step by putting his music degree to good use.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train