Greensboro College grad hiked entire Appalachian Trail
It was 90 years ago this fall that Benton McKaye’s idea of a grand nature trail from Maine to Georgia–also known as the Appalachian Trail–began to take shape.
In the 65 years since the first person walked it from end to end, thousands more have, usually funding out as much about themselves as about the trail.
Greensboro College grad Jonathan Deming recently finished his five month hike of the entire trail on August 3. It took him about five million steps to complete it.
Now, he’s looking to take one more step by putting his music degree to good use.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault