Daredevil to walk tightrope at Charlotte Motor Speedway
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Nik Wallenda, best known for his daring tightrope walk s across Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon, will be making his way to Charlotte next month.
Wallenda announced Thursday that he, along with his sister, will perform a sky walk at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in October during the Bank of America 500.
The pair will start on opposite ends of a 500 foot rope, and meet in the middle, he explained during a demonstration during a demonstration in uptown Charlotte Thursday afternoon.
“It’s a walk we’ve never done before, the height is higher than we’ve ever been before, the distance is longer and it just makes it more exciting,” he said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault