Police: Man broke inside Burlington home, assaulted woman
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police say a man was arrested early Tuesday after he broke inside a Burlington home and assaulted a woman.
The incident was reported shortly before 3:15 a.m. at an apartment at 510 Trail One.
The victim told police that an acquaintance, Jimmy Lee Harris, kicked in the door of her apartment before he assaulted her. Police say Harris had previously trespassed in the victim’s home.
The victim suffered minor injuries that did not require medical attention, police said.
Harris is charged with first-degree burglary, assault on a female and second-degree trespassing. He is being held in the Alamance County Jail under a $15,000 secured bond.
Anyone with additional information about the incident is asked to call police at (336) 229-3500.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview