Loaves and Fishes Christian Food Ministry in Burlington to close
Loaves and Fishes Christian Food Ministry (Loaves and Fishes Christian Food Ministry webpage)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Loaves and Fishes Christian Food Ministry will close Sept. 30, The Burlington Times-News reports.
A notice posted on the door of Loaves and Fishes’ Burlington headquarters Wednesday said the organization “will no longer be distributing food” and directed residents call 211 for help from other agencies. That notice didn’t list the Sept. 30 date. Newsprint covered the doors and windows at 509 South Lexington Ave.
According to the paper, a short message attached to an email sent to United Way members and community partners Wednesday didn’t explain why the organization — which provides food and assistance to as many as 7,000 people each month — will close.
“We feel that we have served this community well for almost 15 years and that our mission has been fulfilled,” the statement said. “Please accept this notice that any previous event commitments are now cancelled.
Read more: The Burlington Times-News
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.