Harris Teeter sets acquisition vote for October
(WGHP File Photo)
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Harris Teeter will hold a shareholder vote on October 3 to approve its plan to be acquired by larger grocer Kroger, according to The Charlotte Observer.
The 10 a.m. meeting will be held at Harris Teeter’s headquarters on Crestdale Road in Matthews, and will be open to people who owned the company’s stock as of August 22.
People can also vote online or by mail. Shareholders will also be asked to approve special payments for Harris Teeter executives which they could receive upon completion of the merger.
Harris Teeter and Kroger announced the acquisition plan last month. Kroger would spend more than $2.4 billion to purchase Harris Teeter.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'