Awkward moment follows Joanlia Lising’s response to beauty pageant question
The pressure was on — and apparently too much for a beauty pageant contestant whose answer to a question led to an uncomfortable moment.
Joanlia Lising was competing in the Miss Philippines U.S.A. Pageant when she was asked:
“If you could only have one, which of your five senses would you prefer?”
“I would pick seeing because seeing is the best sense that we can ever see because seeing is believing and believing into what you see is perfect.”
Before the host stopped her, Lising continued, “And uh out of all those senses, uh, seeing would really… Be wonderful because…” “Thank you. That’ll be it.”
Those who have seen the contestant’s response are drawing comparisons to the Miss South Carolina incident that occurred a couple years ago when a contestant was asked why some Americans are unable to locate the U.S. on a map.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child