Townhome catches fire in Kernersville
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Firefighters have extinguished a fire that occurred early Tuesday morning at a townhome in Kernersville.
The two-alarm fire was reported by a neighbor around 4 a.m. at The Arboretum complex at 702 Campbell Gardens Road. It was extinguished by about 5:15 a.m.
Dispatchers say firefighters found flames coming through the roof of the townhome when they arrived.
Firefighters tell FOX8′s Michael Spears nobody was home at the time and no one was injured in the blaze.
Neighboring units, which suffered “minimum damage,” were evacuated, they said.
Firefighters say the unit’s firewall prevented the flames from spreading to the other units.
The unit that caught fire is a total loss.
Officials are still working to determine what caused the blaze. Firefighters are expected to remain on the scene for at least a couple more hours.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train