Madden taps 49ers and Broncos as NFL favorites
Former coach and TV announcer-turned video game tycoon John Madden, has already placed his bet on who will make it to Super Bowl at Metlife Stadium on February 2.
Madden told USA Today he expects the San Francisco 49ers to repeat as the NFC’s champion and the Denver Broncos to prevail in the AFC.
“I know that is pretty easy because they were in the Super Bowl last year, but they are a young team and their quarterback [Colin Kaepernick] got them there with only playing half of the season,” he told the paper. “I know they have an injury at wide receiver [with Michael Crabtree set to sidelined at the season's start still recovering from an Achilles injury.] But I just think they have put together a heck of a team and that one for me is easier.”
Read more: USA Today
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault