Madden taps 49ers and Broncos as NFL favorites
Former coach and TV announcer-turned video game tycoon John Madden, has already placed his bet on who will make it to Super Bowl at Metlife Stadium on February 2.
Madden told USA Today he expects the San Francisco 49ers to repeat as the NFC’s champion and the Denver Broncos to prevail in the AFC.
“I know that is pretty easy because they were in the Super Bowl last year, but they are a young team and their quarterback [Colin Kaepernick] got them there with only playing half of the season,” he told the paper. “I know they have an injury at wide receiver [with Michael Crabtree set to sidelined at the season's start still recovering from an Achilles injury.] But I just think they have put together a heck of a team and that one for me is easier.”
Read more: USA Today
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.