Neighbors pitch-in to makeover Burlington golf course
The Shamrock Golf Course became the first public golf course in Burlington more than six decades ago, but was forced to shut down in November 2011 due to financial trouble.
When a group of investors couldn’t find the money to reopen the course, it grew to be an eyesore to the surrounding neighborhood.
So, the neighbors decided to do something about it. They formed an alliance, raised money and even used their own lawnmowers to clean-up the course.
The course, complete with new golf carts, will reopen September 6.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it