Dirt bike, SUV collide head-on in Davidson County
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Dispatchers say a dirt bike and an SUV collided head-on Friday morning in Davidson County.
The crash happened just before 7:45 a.m. at 593 Ben Lee Road south of Thomasville.
State troopers say it appears the motorcyclist apparently lost control before the collision. They said the driver of the SUV, which was a Ford Explorer, saw the dirt bike coming and tried swerving to the right in an attempt to avoid the collision.
The SUV ended up running over the dirt bike and its rider, they said.
Dispatchers say the motorcyclist was airlifted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. The rider has only been identified as a male. His injuries are described as “serious.”
No other information was immediately available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k