Boy, 4, flown to hospital after wreck in Alamance County
ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities said a 4-year-old was airlifted to the hospital after a truck overturned on North Graham Hopedale Road in Alamance County.
Trooper Robert Fuquay said the wreck happened around 1 p.m. Friday when the diabetic driver of a pickup lost control after his blood sugar dropped.
Troopers said the 1997 Ford truck ran off the right side of the road, hit a rock, went down an embankment, overturned and rolled into a field.
Authorities said the child was properly restrained in a booster seat, but was still injured and flown to UNC Health Care with non-life-threatening injuries.
The 26-year-old driver of the pickup was taken to Alamance Regional Medical Center with unknown injuries, officials said.
Troopers said charges are pending. The investigation is ongoing.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting