Archdale man sets fire to alleged thief’s truck
Darrell Faucett Folwell, 66, and David Allen Ilderton, 33, both of Archdale.
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Two Archdale men were arrested after authorities said one of them caught the other stealing and set his truck on fire.
Randolph County deputies told the Asheboro Courier-Tribune that Darrell Faucett Folwell, 66, caught 33-year-old David Allen Ilderton stealing scrap metal from his property on Friday.
Deputies said Folwell called 911 in reference to a robbery on his property and when authorities arrived, they discovered a vehicle had been set on fire. Folwell is accused of setting Ilderton’s 1997 Ford truck on fire.
Folwell was charged with felony burning personal property and misdemeanor damage to property.
Ilderton was charged with misdemeanor attempted larceny and misdemeanor second-degree trespass.
Both suspects were placed in the Randolph County Jail. Deputies said Folwell received a $3,500 secured bond and Ilderton a $1,500 secured bond.
Read more: The Asheboro Courier-Tribune
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy