Click here to donate to the Salvation Army Hurricane Matthew relief effort

Howard Coble cancels events after facial surgery

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Howard Coble

Howard Coble

GREENSBORO, N.C. — Rep. Howard Coble has canceled his events for the next few days after his office said he needs to rest after facial surgery.

Coble’s office said Thursday his doctor recommended postponing his scheduled events to recuperate at home after undergoing a dermatology procedure earlier this week.

“Congressman Coble hopes to resume some limited activities this coming Sunday,” according to a prepared statement.

Coble has had numerous health problems this year including being hospitalized twice, once for dizzy spells and once for hernia surgery.

The 82-year-old is the U.S. Representative for North Carolina’s sixth congressional district, serving since 1985. He has not said whether or not he’ll run for re-election this year.