Teen, man charged with robbing Wells Fargo at gunpoint
Ricky Douglas Crawford Jr. (left) and Shiheem Dashan Williamson (Mugshots provided by: Reidsville Police)
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — A man and a teenager have been arrested in an armed robbery that took place last week at a bank in Reidsville.
Police say Ricky Douglas Crawford Jr., 34, and Shiheem Dashan Williamson, 17, were arrested Wednesday in connection with the robbery, which was reported shortly before 9:15 a.m. Thursday at the Wells Fargo at 231 Turner Drive.
Both suspects are charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Last week, police said one of the men fired a gun into the ceiling inside the bank. After firing the gunshot, one of the suspects went behind the counter and removed an undisclosed amount of cash from the teller’s drawers.
The robbers then ran into a nearby wooded area. They were wearing hoodies and had the lower portion of their faces covered during the incident.
No injuries were reported.
Reidsville police say the N.C. SBI and Sanford Police Department assisted them in making the arrests.
Police say they are still investigating the robbery. They ask that anyone with further information would call Sgt. Dean Cook at (336) 347-2357.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview