GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The Greensboro Performing Arts Center is set to takeover seven areas of land in downtown.
Greensboro City Council voted 6-3 to approve buying the locations for $7.6 million on Tuesday night.
The areas are:
- 120 East Lindsay Street, Former Burton’s Pharmacy: $292,000
- 135 Summit Avenue and 152 East Lindsay Street, Property at the Former Greensboro Inn: $1.1 million
- 125 Summit Avenue, Boston House of Jazz: $1.24 million
- 122 East Lindsay Street and 342 North Elm Street, Chamber of Commerce: $2.2 million
- 338 North Elm Street, Office building and parking lot: $2.69 million
The next step for GPAC is to choose an architect and finalize a design.
Officials with the GPAC fundraising team say since Greensboro City Council's vote to approve the purchase of the land, they’ve received several calls from potential donors.
So far, GPAC has raised $20.7 million in private funding.
The new goal is $30 million.