Cloudy day ahead with a chance of rain
A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect until 9 a.m. Tuesday for most of the Piedmont Triad. Expect visibility to drop to 1/4 mile or less during the morning commute, especially along I-40 and I-85.
There is a 40 percent chance of showers, perhaps a thunderstorm, during the afternoon and overnight hours. Total rainfall will be up to 1/4″ in the Triad and closer to 1/2″ for the western Piedmont.
A cold front will drop across the Great Plains over the next few days, and as it crosses North Carolina at the end of the week, will bring cooler, drier air — just in time for the weekend!
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting