Rain sticking around this week
It has been a very wet start to the week, with heavy rain just before the daybreak hours.
Temperature-wise, we’ll be much cooler than normal, topping out in the mid-70s Monday. Expect a warm-up through the work week as temperatures crawl through the 80s and into the lower 90s.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms will remain in the forecast for each day, though rain chances will be lower than Monday’s 80 percent outlook. Total rainfall will be fairly substantial — 1.5″ to 2″ across the Piedmont.
If you are headed to the Winston-Salem Open, after Monday’s rain and mid-70 degree highs, expect warm, muggy conditions. There is a chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms each day.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k