Police look to ID man who assaulted teen in Thomasville
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Police on Friday released surveillance photos of a man wanted for assaulting a teenager in Thomasville.
Eighteen-year-old Christopher Grainger said he and a friend went to the Speed Mart on Hasty School Road to grab a snack on a walk back and home shouted, “Welcome to Thomasville” to a man in a Dodge Dakota.
“It just keeps us entertained while we’re walking. That’s the only reason why we do that but I wished I hadn’t done that,” Grainger said.
Police say the man inside the Dodge Dakota followed the teen and friend a block away from the Speed Mart and attacked him.
After the assault, police say the suspect left in a Dodge Dakota pickup truck. The truck was driven by a woman. A small child who was also with the suspect witnessed the assault.
Grainger was taken to Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center to be treated for injuries sustained in the attack, police said.
The suspect is described as a white male between the ages of 30 and 35, standing about 6′ tall and weighing about 185 pounds.
Anyone with information about the suspect’s identity or whereabouts is asked to call Crimestoppers at (336) 476-8477.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home