Police look to ID man who assaulted teen in Thomasville
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Police on Friday released surveillance photos of a man wanted for assaulting a teenager in Thomasville.
Eighteen-year-old Christopher Grainger said he and a friend went to the Speed Mart on Hasty School Road to grab a snack on a walk back and home shouted, “Welcome to Thomasville” to a man in a Dodge Dakota.
“It just keeps us entertained while we’re walking. That’s the only reason why we do that but I wished I hadn’t done that,” Grainger said.
Police say the man inside the Dodge Dakota followed the teen and friend a block away from the Speed Mart and attacked him.
After the assault, police say the suspect left in a Dodge Dakota pickup truck. The truck was driven by a woman. A small child who was also with the suspect witnessed the assault.
Grainger was taken to Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center to be treated for injuries sustained in the attack, police said.
The suspect is described as a white male between the ages of 30 and 35, standing about 6′ tall and weighing about 185 pounds.
Anyone with information about the suspect’s identity or whereabouts is asked to call Crimestoppers at (336) 476-8477.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK