John Isner upsets Novak Djokovic in Cincinnati
MASON, Ohio – Top-ranked American and Greensboro native John Isner upset Novak Djokovic 7-6 (5), 3-6, 7-5 in the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open on Friday, delaying Djokovic’s bid to become the first player to win all nine Masters events at least another year.
“I just beat the No. 1 player in the world, I feel great. Djokovic’s a great player, but an even better person,” Isner said after the match.
Djokovic has never won Cincinnati, losing in the finals four times. He needs to hoist the trophy in Cincinnati to become the first player to win all nine Masters events.
“I played a very bad match overall. Terrible match,” Djokovic said after the match.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave