Players on PGA Tour’s playoff bubble in Greensboro for Wyndham Championship
GREENSBORO, N.C. – The PGA Tour’s playoffs start this week for Padraig Harrington and the rest of the players on the bubble.
A strong showing at the Wyndham Championship beginning Thursday could propel them into the FedEx Cup playoffs.
But a rough week in central North Carolina, and they can forget about the postseason.
Harrington says there’s “certainly a distraction in it” because “if I don’t play well this week, it’s the end of the season for me over here.”
Harrington arrived at Sedgefield County Club at No. 129 on the points list. The top 125 make the playoffs.
Only one bubble player played his way into the postseason last year, and among the big names joining Harrington outside the top 125 are Vijay Singh and Davis Love III.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview