Iams food recall over salmonella concerns
Pet food manufacturer Iams on Wednesday announced a voluntary recall of some of its dry food products over concerns of possible salmonella contamination.
In a news release on Iams.com, officials said, “Although to date, no health effects have been reported, there is the potential for salmonella contamination.”
Most of the products affected by the recall were distributed across the East Coast, officials said.
All retailers have been notified of the affected products and are working to remove them from stores, officials said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants