Winston-Salem man seriously hurt in hit-and-run
The 2700 block of West Mountain Street (Google Maps)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A Winston-Salem man was taken to the hospital in critical condition Tuesday morning after police say he was struck by a vehicle.
Police say 21-year-old Richard Bernard Byers Jr. was struck shortly before 10:45 a.m. in the 2700 block of West Mountain Street.
When officers arrived, police say they found Byers lying in the grass near the roadway with visible injuries to his head.
No witnesses or suspect vehicles were found at the scene, police said.
As of 3 p.m. Tuesday, police said Byers was listed in critical condition in the intensive care unit at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call police.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave