Low humidity, partly-cloudy skies today
The relative humidity is dropping across North Carolina, so expect crisp, autumn-like air Wednesday afternoon and evening. Highs will rise to 80 degrees Wednesday afternoon with a meager 10 percent chance of showers.
Wednesday night, skies become mostly clear by daybreak and the dry air will bring morning lows to the upper 50s in the Triad. To the north and west of the Triad, lows could easily be closer to 50 degrees.
High pressure continues to usher northeast winds in for Thursday. Refreshing, dry air sticks around with highs near 80 degrees for one more day, then rain returns to the forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Up to 1″ of rain is expected over the weekend for Piedmont rain gauges.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault