Tourists spent more than $1 billion in Guilford County in 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. — County-by-county tourism numbers are out for North Carolina, and Guilford County looks flush.
Tourists spent more than $1.1 billion dollars in Guilford County in 2012, netting almost $26 million for local tax receipts.
That ranks Guilford County third in the state behind Charlotte-Mecklenburg County and Wake County.
Tourists spent more than $730 million in Forsyth County in 2012.
The numbers come from the US Travel Assocation.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave