Dale Earnhardt’s grandson charged with DUI
Credit: Charleston Police Department
CHARLESTON, W. Va. — The grandson of the late Dale Earnhardt was arrested in Charleston, West Virginia on Monday on a drunken driving charge, according to multiple media reports.
Bobby Dale Earnhardt, 25, was arrested and charged with aggravated DUI, which means his blood alcohol level registered above .15.
In a news release, police said they heard tires squealing around 11:30 p.m. Monday on Washington Street. Police said officers saw a car driving too fast and making turns too wide. After officers stopped the vehicle, Earnhardt failed a field sobriety test and was arrested at the scene.
Earnhardt is being held in the South Central Regional Jail for an arraignment later this morning.
Earnhardt, who currently drives in the ARCO Truck Series, was scheduled to sign autographs during a Habitat for Humanity event in Beckley on Tuesday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault