Charges filed in deadly US 29 accident
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Charges have been filed in a deadly accident on US-29 that killed a Greensboro woman on Sunday.
Willie B. Cornwell lll, 20, has been charged with careless and reckless driving, and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle after police say he lost control of his car coming around a curve and hit two trees.
The passenger, Jasmine Rose Harris, 18, was pronounced dead at the scene. Another passenger was seriously injured.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave