Better Business Bureau warns of email scams
Con artists can hack into an email account and then target your friends and family members, sending seemingly frantic requests for money. It’s a scam that tricks thousands of people each year.
The Better Business Bureau is working with Western Union to put a stop to such scams.
Kevin Hinterberger, CEO of the Better Business Bureau of Central North Carolina, stopped by the FOX8 studios Tuesday morning to talk about the partnership and how it’s purposed to help protect potential victims.
For more helpful information, visit bbb.org.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault