NC man accused of running over, killing woman
Jacob Edwin Johnson
JEFFERSON, N.C. — Authorities have arrested a man accused of running over and killing his girlfriend during an argument in Ashe County, according to WSOC-TV.
Jacob Edwin Johnson, 30, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. Friday and is accused of killing 29-year-old Miranda Wiles.
Deputies said Johnson ran from the scene on N.C. Highway 88 about 10 miles northeast of Jefferson after his vehicle became stuck in the mud.
Johnson was recently released from prison after serving time for drug offenses.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave