Missing 5-year-old Greensboro boy found in Maryland
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A missing 5-year-old boy from Greensboro was found in Charles County, Maryland on Thursday.
Maryland State Police officials said Sincere Skinner, 5, was taken by his non-custodial father, 42-year-old Nichon Skinner, also from Greensboro.
Maryland authorities were alerted Thursday around 3:30 p.m. that Skinner had been charged in North Carolina with child abduction and assault. A short time later, troopers pulled Skinner over on Route 301 near Maryland State Route 6 in La Plata.
During the traffic stop, officials recovered the 5-year-old and took Nichon Skinner into custody.
Skinner is awaiting extradition back to North Carolina and is being held without bail at the Charles County Detention Center.
Maryland State Police said an AMBER Alert was issued in North Carolina for the missing 5-year-old, however this information could not be confirmed by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old