Missing 5-year-old Greensboro boy found in Maryland
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A missing 5-year-old boy from Greensboro was found in Charles County, Maryland on Thursday.
Maryland State Police officials said Sincere Skinner, 5, was taken by his non-custodial father, 42-year-old Nichon Skinner, also from Greensboro.
Maryland authorities were alerted Thursday around 3:30 p.m. that Skinner had been charged in North Carolina with child abduction and assault. A short time later, troopers pulled Skinner over on Route 301 near Maryland State Route 6 in La Plata.
During the traffic stop, officials recovered the 5-year-old and took Nichon Skinner into custody.
Skinner is awaiting extradition back to North Carolina and is being held without bail at the Charles County Detention Center.
Maryland State Police said an AMBER Alert was issued in North Carolina for the missing 5-year-old, however this information could not be confirmed by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k