Technology Center opens in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A grand opening ceremony will take place Wednesday for The Technology Center of The Piedmont Triad.
The center — billed as a first of its kind for the area — will work to promote business development and entrepreneurship through access to the latest technology and training.
Inside, there’s space to accommodate trade shows, a call center and even office space for small companies to lease.
Center officials say they will also work with non-profit organizations and higher education institutions. Through the center, businesses and organizations will be able to develop technology plans.
President and Chief Operating Officer Antoine Smith says the center is not an incubator or conference center, but instead a comprehensive resource that will help local start-up companies and organizations to grow.
There will be free programming offered every month as well as internship opportunities.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave