Marching band at Andrews High School seeks donations
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The marching band at Andrews High School may be growing, but some of the band members are using broken instruments, others don’t have any at all.
“We have flat run out of instruments. We don’t have anything left. We have been taking old instruments and trying to piece them together,” said Andrews Band Director Jane VanMiddlesworth
Band boosters are planning fundraisers and VanMiddlesworth hopes the community will get involved.
“For the kids to see that people care about them and believe in them… they put in every ounce of energy they have,” she said.
Donations or instruments can be dropped off at Andrews High School at 1920 McGuinn Dr. in High Point.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home