Marching band at Andrews High School seeks donations
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The marching band at Andrews High School may be growing, but some of the band members are using broken instruments, others don’t have any at all.
“We have flat run out of instruments. We don’t have anything left. We have been taking old instruments and trying to piece them together,” said Andrews Band Director Jane VanMiddlesworth
Band boosters are planning fundraisers and VanMiddlesworth hopes the community will get involved.
“For the kids to see that people care about them and believe in them… they put in every ounce of energy they have,” she said.
Donations or instruments can be dropped off at Andrews High School at 1920 McGuinn Dr. in High Point.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.