Drivers frustrated with construction of Highway 64 bridge
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Drivers in Lexington are becoming frustrated with the delays and detours associated with the construction of the new Highway 64 bridge over Business 85.
“It’s a little bit of an inconvenience, but it’s going to be worth it when we get this one fixed,” said Gail Myers, a frequent Highway 64 driver.
DOT engineers say the new bridge will be safer and improve the traffic flow through the area.
Pizzeria owner Darren Brock hopes the new bridge will bring more customers and growth to Lexington.
“It’s the gateway coming from Mocksville and off of Highway 52. It’s going to be a plus for us,” Brock said.
The detours are expected to last for a few more months.
The DOT says the new bridge should be ready in November.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting