Toxic fumes blamed in Macon Co. farm worker death
MACON COUNTY, N.C. — One man is dead and more than a dozen others rushed to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at a farm packaging plant in Macon County.
Authorities said 17 people were hospitalized in total at Norton Creek Farms. The identity of the victims have not been released.
The owner of the business said Saturday the source of the leak is still unknown.
Authorities said the initial 911 call reported that two men were found unconscious.
Eight firefighters including the chief were also taken to the hospital.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it