Three die in small plane crash near Myrtle Beach
CONWAY, S.C. — Authorities said three people aboard a small plane died after crashing near a subdivision in coastal South Carolina, according to The Sun News.
The Federal Aviation Administration said the private twin-engine aircraft crashed Saturday just outside of Conway, about 15 miles northwest of Myrtle Beach.
The wreck was reported around 1 p.m. in the Wood Creek Estates subdivision. No one on the ground was injured and the plane did not hit any buildings.
Officials said the plane clipped some electrical wires when it went down, cutting power to the area. The plane was destroyed.
The identities of the victims have not been released. Officials said the flight had taken off from Conway airport.
Source: The Sun News
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault