One dead after car hits utility pole in Randolph County
RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities said one person is dead after a car struck a utility pole in Randolph County Friday night.
The accident happened around 6:45 p.m. on Spero Road near Tory Lane in Randolph County when the vehicle struck a utility pole killing one person, according to N.C. Highway Patrol. The victim has been identified as 38-year-old Joseph Shelton Cagle.
Two other people were also injured but are expected to recover. One was airlifted to a trauma center, the other was taken to Moses Cone Hospital in Greensboro, authorities said.
The initial investigation indicated excessive speed contributed to the accident, which remains under investigation.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault