Cloudy morning with possible showers this afternoon
Thursday starts with mostly-cloudy skies and patchy fog, but skies will become partly cloudy as the afternoon rolls around.
A cold front, poised to cross the Piedmont later Thursday, will spark off scattered showers and thunderstorms. There is a 40 percent chance of rain, and the Triad can expect between 1/10″ and 1/4″ of total rainfall.
Highs will be around 84 degrees.
Thursday night, the cold front slips eastward and skies will become mostly clear. Lows in the mid-60s will be slightly below normal for this time of year.
It will be sunnier and warmer on Friday, with skies starting out clear and becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs will be a seasonable 88 degrees.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault