Arsenio Hall talks late-night comeback
Arsenio Hall has been out of the late-night game since 1994, but the 57-year-old is ready to make a big return to television this fall.
The Arsenio Hall Show will air on FOX8 beginning September 9.
“It’s kind of the same Arsenio you know — less hair, less shoulder pad — but inserting myself into this culture of music, comedy, pop and hop,” Hall said during the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Hall acknowledged the game has changed, and there are many more players on the field.
Other late-night hosts have been helpful, Hall said. Jay Leno referred comedy writers to him for the new show.
“I just have to be funny in the way I do it and hope (that) people see you and laugh,” he said. “I make kids laugh who are 19 and I made a lady who’s 90 laugh at the mall.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k