Thomasville teen accused of stabbing dad with pocket knife
Andrew Dale Loflin (Mugshot provided by: Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Deputies say a teenager from Thomasville was arrested over the weekend after he assaulted a handicapped person and stabbed his father with a pocket knife.
According to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, 18-year-old Andrew Dale Loflin was arrested Saturday after deputies responded to a report of a stabbing at the suspect’s home on Regina Drive.
Deputies allege Loflin assaulted a handicapped person moments before he stabbed his father with a pocket knife. No other details about the incident were provided.
Loflin is charged with one count of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and one count of misdemeanor assault on a handicapped person.
The suspect is being held in the Davidson County Jail under a $25,000 secured bond. He has a court appearance set for Aug. 20.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k