NC prison guard accused of having sex with inmate
23-year-old Kristin Earp
BURKE COUNTY, N.C. — A former Burke County prison guard is facing criminal charges after authorities said she was caught having sex with an inmate.
WSOC reported that 23-year-old Kristin Earp was arrested by Burke County sheriff’s deputies on Monday.
The alleged crimes happened at Western Youth Institution in Morganton, which houses hundreds of male inmates ages 13 to 22.
Earp is accused of having sex with the inmate in January. Sheriff’s deputies would not release any information on the inmate’s age.
Officials said she was working at the youth institution for less than a year when she became subject to a criminal investigation.
A corrections officer reportedly received a tip about alleged criminal activity with an inmate.
She resigned from her job four days after the allegations, according to documents filed at the courthouse.
Read more: WSOC
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault